Payment and Insurance
All Packard Health patients, insured and uninsured, are expected to take responsibility for their health and for their health care expenses. Payment is due at the time of service, unless other arrangements have been made with the billing office.
Packard Health accepts a wide range of commercial insurance and public health plans.
- Please bring your insurance card to every office visit. If you are bringing a child or other dependent for an office visit, you will need to bring their card.
- Packard Health is considered “in network” by most insurance companies. However, it is your responsibility to find out what services are covered and not covered by your insurance.
- Many HMOs require you to select a doctor from their group as your primary care provider. Before your visit, you must verify with your insurance company that your designated primary care provider (PCP) is a Packard Health doctor. In some cases you may be able to switch primary care providers on short notice, but this is not always possible so it is best to arrange it in advance.
- You are required to pay any co-payment required by your insurance plan and any uncovered portion of your bill at the time of service.
You may be eligible for reduced charges according to Packard Health’s sliding fee scale if your household income falls below 200% of Federal poverty level guidelines.
- To be considered for the sliding fee scale, bring to your appointment one form of identification and proof of household income for the most recent 30 days. Proof may include paycheck or benefit check stubs.
- If you have no income at all, you should be prepared to tell us how you provide for yourself from day to day.
- Approval for the sliding fee scale lasts for 180 days, but may be renewed upon review of updated proof of income.
- If you do not qualify for the sliding fee scale, you may still receive a 20% discount if you pay in full at the time of service with cash, check or credit card. Packard Health accepts Visa and MasterCard.
If you have any questions about billing, you can reach our billing office at (734) 929-6284.